Monday, August 1, 2011

25 March 1999 GOING HOME

Well, I made it from the hotel to the airport. The hotel had a shuttle that dropped me off at the North Terminal. Then it is a test to see if you can push your luggage up the ramp 2 or 3 flights up. Then you need to watch the monitor to see where you are to check in at. TWA was way in the back on the far side. I found out where I was to go and didn't have to stand in line and wait to check in. The first gentleman asked me questions and tagged my luggage. Then I checked in and she too asked me the same questions. Then I had to go through the International Departure area where you go through security/x-ray. Then you have to sit, wait and watch the board to tell ya which gate you will be departing from. There was only 1 TWA listed and time came and went. As you wait, there are some shops to browse and a few restaurants. I stopped and got a hamburger and fries from McDonalds before getting on the plane and stuffed it into my bags. Finally, we were given a gate. Then again, more questions from one person - bags x-rayed again same questions asked again and this time physical inspection of bags and I got padded down - too bad it was a female. Why not a hunky dude ?  Then you sit and wait for everyone else on the plane to get through before they start allowing you to get on.

Once on board, we sat there at least 1 hour maybe 1 1/2 hours for mechanical inspection before taking off. OK ...then since we missed our take off time we have to sit and wait for a time which was 1:15pm. I had lunch in my bag so I pulled it out and started eating. The rest of the poor soles on the plane were given only drinks, they had to wait till they were in the air to fix/serve meals. I sat next to some strange man from England who wouldn't shut up, a real talker. A gentleman who sat in front of me was Russian and didn't speak English. The movies were still not interesting going back home. BOY I MISSED JAMES. When I got back to work on Monday, customer Ron Russell of the International Sales group at Boeing was also on the plane he said he saw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment