Monday, August 1, 2011

22 March 1999 EuroDisney in France

Disneyland Paris. It is only the Magic Kingdom but the restaurants here have gourmet foods (slightly American). I ate at a Steak place and ordered ribs. They didn't come BBQ - but had honey and maple syrup. It was good, but BBQ sauce would have been better. Yes, they still have burgers and fries. I walked around and was here for about 4 or 5 hours. "It's a small world" was cute and different than ours and speaking French. The haunted mansion was also different. It reminded me of Phantom of the Opera. Not real crowded, but on the Pirates of the Caribbean, once again RUDE people who don't understand single line and no pushing.  Evidently, this is the European way.  A lady on the Chateaux tour said it happened to her at the Louvre. So it just wasn't my experience. Pirates was a ride in small boats through an animation cave. I don't know if I had been on it in Florida or not. Cute ride. Star Tours is the same as in Orlando. It's open Mar - Oct and their new ride or presentation is "Honey I Shrunk the Audience". Talk about being behind the times - its an OLD movie. I would not recommend anyone going to Disneyland Paris, better time is in Orlando and much more to do and offer there.

On the way back into Paris, I stopped at Notre Dame Cathedral. It was free to enter - WOW!! I walked around inside. I took a glance at the window which is my favorite, the South Rose Window, the large round one (43' high). The side windows - OH!! It was very moving and spiritual. I sat down and looked around. The beauty of the magnificent building, you could feel the love and HIS presence here. As I sat, I prayed to God asking him to grant my prayer, my longed for wish and to thank him for all he has given me and all I have been allowed to see and do in my life. Most of all, I thanked him for bringing James into my life and fulfilling one of my dreams to be married to a wonderful loving man - I have been blessed!! I cried, I felt love and comfort and at that mornent, I was not alone and shouldn't fear being alone ever again. I've been given the Greatest Love of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment