Monday, August 1, 2011

18 February 1999 Nottingham, England

I rode the train into town and walked up the BIG hill to Nottingham Castle following the street signs. As I went in, I was amazed at the number of people visiting. This is the first place I got to use my Heritage pass which allows me to get in free. I saw a movie about the town, roamed the museum. There's a cave under the castle but didn't go down it there was a charge for it.

The town had a nice costume museum, a lace center, the oldest inn in England "Ye Olde Trip Jerusalem" and the tales of Robin Hood (a ride through the forest, kids would love this). You enter the bldg and you come face to face with a sheriff. He asks do you believe in Robin Hood. I was afraid to answer I didn't know what he was gonna do to me or which way he would send me (maybe down the more frightening side of the ride). It was great.  Highly recommend this.  I wanted to see Wollaton Hall, but there was no transportation to it. It was cloudy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment