Monday, August 1, 2011

4 March 1999 London Day 3

This morning I took off to see Buckingham Palace. I got there just in time to witness the Changing of the Guards. They were dressed in grays - not reds. It lasted about 30 minutes. You hear a band in the distance and the guards in the gates a their little jig while waiting for the band to enter the gates. They did their little jig again and the band exits the gates with old guards. I got it on tape (bits & pieces saving battery juice) and I took a few photos of Buck House and the huge Queen Victoria statue outside. The Queens Gallery - her art collection of paintings was open, but didn't go see it (not interested). The Mews (horse stables and buggies) I also passed up.

I hopped back onto the bus and had to switch to the blue bus as I was on the red line bus. Because of the switch, I wouldn't have time to make it to Kensington Palace and have enough time to enjoy it.

I was able to see Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. There, I saw the Royal Family, Princess Diana, Mel Gibson, Sean Connery, the Pope and the Beatles. They look so real! People standing and staring, that at times, I took them for dummies (wax figures). There was a chamber of horrors pretty good. And there was a ride - the Spirit of London. I taped the ride and took photos of the Royals. Sunny and warm today.

No comments:

Post a Comment